In this document and when it comes to your personal data we will always talk your language, avoid nonsense, and have no surprises.
What information we collect
- The IP address of the computer or the proxy server that you use to access FlyShannon.
- The type of device used to access our services.
- Your computer operating system details and settings.
- Your type of web browser and your settings for that browser.
- Your mobile device type (if you are accessing FlyShannon using a mobile device).
- Your mobile operating system.
- Your mobile device identifier provided by your mobile device operating system, and location data (if you have that functionality set up) and other general device or systems information.
We use all this for statistical information and log data. This may include aggregated number of visits to certain pages on the site (e.g. the home page), the pages you viewed and activities you carried out during your visit, the date and time of your visit, the duration of an individual page view, and/or the paths taken by visitors through the site.
Creating an account
When you create a My FlyShannon profile we will keep data directly provided by you for as long as you are registered with us so that we can then use it to identify you by your My FlyShannon profile. This is in order to to offer you a personalized, relevant experience on FlyShannon.
If you log into FlyShannon with a social networking credential, such as with your Facebook or Google+ account, we will ask permission to access basic information from that account, such as your name and email address. You can stop sharing that information with us at any time by removing FlyShannon’s access to that account on the relevant social networking site.
If you are logged in on FlyShannon when browsing, a cookie on your device will also identify you, and record and associate non-personally identifiable usage information and log data with your account.
In order to book a holiday with FlyShannon, you need to provide us with certain information. The data you provide includes:
- Your name
- Your address
- Your email address
- A contact phone number
We will record the full details of the completed order in our systems until such point as you request we delete it or we are lawfully required to do so. We do this so we can (a) fulfil your booking, (b) add it to your booking history and have a record of your purchases in order to deal with any queries you may have or post booking processes or complaints, and (c) include it within the financial records of our business transactions.
If you contact our holiday support team for any reason we will record the contact and collect all applicable information relating to the contact. We will keep and use this to help us categorise your specific question, respond to it, and, if applicable, investigate, deal with and resolve any issue or incident until such point as you request we delete it or we are lawfully required to do so. We do this so we have a history of all of our communications with you, any issues you may have had with us, and what we did to resolve those issues or incidents, which we can then use to ensure that we deal with any further contacts appropriately
How we use your information
We use, process, and store your Information as necessary to perform our contract with you and for our legitimate business interests.
Providing our service
We often need to use lots of different types of information or data collectively in order for FlyShannon to work and in order to be able to provide the services to you.
Primarily we use the information we collect
- To ensure that our site’s content is presented as effectively as possible for you. This can include providing personalised user features and access to offers, processing transactions, conducting research, developing new features, and improving current features of our site, software, and/or services.
- To set up, and manage your account, so you can book with us, so we can communicate with you about your booking and your account.
- So we can track potential problems and trends, and customise our support responses to better serve you. This relates to the nuts and bolts of our online travel business. It’s everything involved in putting the products on the website, so you can discover them and then book them, and so we can then deliver them to you and answer any questions or queries you may have.
- To update you on our latest news and special offers. If you have registered with us or provided us with your email address and elected to receive marketing communications from us, we will occasionally update you on our latest destinations, news and special offers via e-mail, telephone and other means available, including mobile text messages and push notifications. You are always free to opt-out of any of these communications. (All FlyShannon customers and users will continue to receive transactional messages related to our service even if you unsubscribe from promotional emails.)
- To present you with personalised FlyShannon banners and ads when you’re on certain other websites (what’s called Digital Marketing Retargeting). We do this using a variety of digital marketing networks and ad exchanges, and advertising technologies like web beacons, pixels, ad tags, cookies, and mobile identifiers, and the banners and ads you will see will be based on your previous use of FlyShannon (for example, your FlyShannon search history, the content you read on FlyShannon, etc.) or on FlyShannon banners or ads you’ve previously clicked on.
- To invite you to partake in or conduct polls, surveys, analysis and research on how our site is being used, customer views, what we could do better. FlyShannon may follow up with you via email regarding your participation unless you have opted out of receiving email messages.
We information from you for a number of different purposes, which we want you to understand.
A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your hard drive by a web page server. Cookies contain information that can later be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
There are four main types of cookies. Here’s how and why we use them.
Site functionality cookies
These cookies allow you to navigate the site and use our features, such as “Add to favorites”. Without these cookies we cannot provide many services that you need.
Site analytics cookies
These cookies allow us to measure and analyse how our customers use the site, to improve both its functionality and your search and booking experience. These cookies track information about your visits and usage of FlyShannon so that we can make improvements and report our performance. For example, we might use analytics cookies to analyse visitor and user behavior so as to provide more relevant content or suggest certain activities. We might also use analytics cookies to test new ads, pages, or features to see how users react to them. Google Analytics is the main technology we currently use in this regard. To learn more about Google Analytics and your privacy, visit the “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps” page at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics when using our website, visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Customer preference cookies
When you are browsing or booking on FlyShannon, these cookies will remember your preferences (like recent searches), so we can make your experience as seamless as possible, and more personal to you. During your visit to FlyShannon, or while you use our services, cookies are used to remember information you have entered or choices you make (such as your username or your location). They also store your preferences when personalizing the site to optimize your use of FlyShannon (for example, prefill search boxes with your most recent search). These preferences are remembered through the use of persistent cookies, and the next time you visit the site you will not have to set them again.
Targeting or advertising cookies
These cookies are used to deliver ads relevant to you on FlyShannon and across the web. They also limit the number of times that you see an ad and help us measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns. These third-party Cookies are placed by third-party advertising platforms or networks in order to deliver ads and track ad performance, or enable advertising networks to deliver ads that may be relevant to you based upon your activities (this is sometimes called “behavioral tracking” or “targeted” advertising) on FlyShannon. They may subsequently use information about your visit to target you with advertising that you may be interested in on FlyShannon and other websites.
By using our site, you agree to us placing these sorts of cookies on your device and accessing them when you visit the site in the future.
If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, the “help” section in your browser should provide instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. Further information about cookies can be found at https://www.dataprotection.ie/docs/Cookies/1416.htm
Please note that by deleting or disabling future cookies, your user experience may be affected and you might not be able to take advantage of certain functions of our site, and the complete FlyShannon user experience that we pride ourselves on providing our customers.
Opting out and unsubscribing
You decide what and how you hear from us. You have the right to withdraw consent to processing for marketing purposes at any time. The easiest way to unsubscribe from emails is to click the unsubscribe option at the bottom of every marketing email. You may also email email@example.com with the subject line “opt out” and let us know what level of marketing activity you would like to opt out of.
What rights do I have, and how can I exercise them?
Individuals located in the European Economic Area (EEA) have certain rights in respect to their personal information, including the right to access, correct, or delete personal data we process through your use of FlyShannon. If you’re a user based in the EEA, you can:
- Request to review the user information that you have supplied to us.
- Request that we correct any errors, outdated information, or omissions in user information that you have supplied to us.
- Request that your user information not be used to contact you.
- Request that your user information be removed from any solicitation list that we use.
- Request that your user information be deleted from our records.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to FlyShannon, 27-32 Talbot St, Dublin 1, Ireland
We never sell personal data
We will never sell your personal data to any third party.
We disclose personal data to third parties when required to to complete your contract with us. We also use service providers for specific services and functions, including email communication, customer support services, and analytics. These service providers may only access, process, or store personal data pursuant to our instructions and to perform their duties to us.
Updating this Policy
If there are any material changes to this policy, you will be notified by the posting of a prominent notice on our site prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on the Policy. Your continued use of the site and/or services constitutes your agreement to be bound by such changes to this Policy. Your only remedy, if you do not accept the terms of this Policy, is to discontinue use of and access to FlyShannon.